Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Introducing the Jasper Game Engine

Welcome! This is the first post of what I hope to be many regarding my 3-D game/game engine project that has been in development during my spare time over the past couple of years. Over the next several months, I hope to illustrate some of the engine's many features, as well as the long-term direction I hope to take with the technology.

So far, the project consists of two tools--a particle system tool and a map/terrain design tool--and the engine itself. On top of the engine platform, I am already planning and developing a game that will hopefully break some new ground in terms of content (stay tuned).

At this current time, the engine already has numerous capabilities that includes particle systems, model rendering, basic keyframe animation, skydomes, gameboard rendering, to terrain rendering. In fact, here's an example of the gameboard rendering (and no, I'm not making another chess game, these are just test pieces):

I'll start going into more depth about each of these features in subsequent posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment