Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Testing News

No screenshots today...although I have some testing news. I began to test the engine on other systems, most notably a laptop with Windows Vista installed on it. The tests ran reasonably well, although there was a 10-15 fps performance drop on terrain rendering and UI rendering, but that was to be expected considering it is a Celeron/Windows Vista Basic laptop. I'm just happy at this point that it is working without a hitch for the most part. Hopefully at some point soon I'll be able to test it on a Windows 7 system, too.

Over the next couple of weeks I also plan on making some tool updates and will promote the water/mesh functionality I developed over the past month so that it is on par with the terrain map feature I have in the map tool today. I'm also continuing to improve the UI functionality I mentioned previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment